Cattle and sheep numbers were similar to the previous week in Ballinrobe on Wednesday (November 14th), with a huge emphasis on quality, according to Tom McGuire.
- A Charolais-X - 565 kg - €1450 - €2.57/kg [main image];
- A Limousin-X - 485 kg - €1195 - €2.46/kg;
- 3 Belgian Blue-Xs - 395 kg - €1100 - €2.78/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus - 420 kg - €1005 - €2.39/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 585 kg - €1325 or €2.26/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 550 kg - €1245 - €2.26/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 475 kg - €1055 - €2.22/kg.
Cull Cows & Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: Charolais-X - 930 kg - €1710 - €1.84/kg
- Suckler Pairing: A Charolais cow with a heifer calf at foot - €1750.
Bulls: Charolais - 315 kg - €1075 - €3.41/kg;
Heifers: Limousin-X - 275 kg - €815 or €2.96/kg.
Sheep numbers were very similar to the previous week with a slightly better demand resulting in a stronger trade all-round, Tom McGuire outlined.
Store lambs made from €58 - €84; ewe lambs pushed from €85 - €111 and fat ewes fetched from €62 - €98.
Weanlings sales have reverted back to the Wednesdays for the remainder of the year.
Pre-booking Every Friday on 094 95 41140 from 9 am. Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart