Cattle numbers continued to decline at Ballinrobe Mart, while a larger entry of sheep went under the hammer on Wednesday (May 29th), according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
- A Limousin-X - 570 kg - €1365 or €2.39/kg;
- An Aberdeen-X - 445 kg - €995 or €2.24/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 375 kg - €1010 or €2.69/kg.
- 4 Herefords sold together - 532 kg - €1110 or €2.09/kg;
- A Simmental-X - 615 kg - €1300 or €2.11/kg;
- 3 Charolais sold together - 335 kg - €990 or €2.96/kg.
- Weanling Bulls: A Limousin-cross - 340 kg - €955 or €2.81/kg.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings:
- Cull Cows: A Charolais - 795 kg - €1680 or €2.11/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A Limousin-cross cow with bull calf at foot - €1720.
Springs lambs climbed to €126, while a ewe with a couple sold from €220 to €230.
“Sheep numbers were up slightly on last week with the factory having a bearing on the live trade.”