Another “fine sale” of cattle in Ballinrobe on Wednesday (May 1st), according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
“Trade held up very well; it was probably helped by the lovely fine weather which brought plenty of farmers around the ring.”
- A Charolais-X - 425 kg - €1170 or €2.75/kg;
- A Simmental-X - 570 kg - €1355 or €2.38/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 475 kg - €1240.00 or €2.61/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus - 380 kg - €1030 or €2.71/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 555 kg - €1310 or €2.36/kg;
- 2 Limousins sold together - 465 kg - €1240 or €2.67/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 375 kg - €1030 or €2.75/kg.
- Weanling Heifers: A Belgian-Blue-X - 275 kg - €900 or €3.27/kg;
- Weanling Bulls: A Simmental-cross - 270 kg - €890 or €3.30/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: A Limousin-X - 795 kg - €1625 or €2.04/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A Simmental cow with a heifer calf at foot - €1575.
Sheep numbers are increasing each week, the manager added.
Store lambs sold from €90 to €118, while heavy lambs fetched from €95 to €127, fat ewes ranged from €88 to €110 and a ewe with a couple climbed to €245.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart