Another good sale of cattle at Ballinrobe on Wednesday last, as the promising weather conditions brought extra confidence to customers at the ring, Tom McGuire, Manager noted.
- A Limousin-X 515 kg made €1430.00 or €2.78 per kg
- A Charolais-X 435 kg hit €1265.00 or €2.91 per kg
- 3 Aberdeen Angus sold together 315 kg collected €955.00 or €3.03 per kg
- Belgian Blue X 395 kg pushed to €1180.00 or €2.99 per kg
- A Charolais X-565 kg realised €1500.00 or €2.65 per kg
- A Limousin 455 kg peaked at €1200.00 or €2.64 per kg
- A Simmental-X 315 kg was acquired for €965.00 or €3.06 per kg
- 2 Friesians sold together 380 kg topped out at €800.00 or €2.11 per kg.
Weanling Heifers: Limousine-X 280 kg led at €850.00 or €3.04 per kg.
Weanling Bulls: Charolais-X 295 kg climbed to €960.00 or €3.25 per kg
Suckler Cows & Suckler Pairings
- An Aberdeen Angus-X cull cow, 795 kg fetched €1740.00 or €2.19 per kg.
- A Charolais-X 2nd calf Cow with heifer calf @ foot reached €1525.00.
Hoggets clicked from €115.00 to €152.00; Fat Ewes asked from €78.00 to a high of €129.00; Butcher Lambs ranged from €125.00 to €143.00 and Ewes with couples traded from €184.00 to €252.00
Pre- booking for cattle each Friday - (094 95 41140). Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 12 noon at the latest.