A larger entry of cattle went under the hammer at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (September 25th), according to Tom McGuire - manager.
“A much bigger sale with a very obvious increase in demand all-round,” he explained.
- A Limousin-X - 575 kg - €1320 or €2.35/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 525 kg - €1150 or €2.19/kg;
- A Beligan Blue-X - 515 kg - €1155 or €2.24/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 475 kg - €1090 or €2.29/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 545 kg - €1120 or €2.06/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 445 kg - €1090 or €2.45/kg;
- 3 Charolais sold together - 395 kg - €945 or €2.39/kg.
Dry cows and suckler pairings:
- Dry cows: A Limousin - 715 kg - €1335 or €1.87/kg.
- Suckler pairings: A Limousin cow with bull calf at foot - €1560.
“There was a terrific sale on Monday (September 23rd), with plenty of shippers and farmers around the ring to bid for all types of stock, with a noticeable increase in demand for heifer weanlings.”
McGuire noted that over 2,000 sheep were offered for sale, with trade remaining “relatively unchanged from previous weeks”.
Store lambs made from €58-€82, while factory lambs ranged from €85-€110.00; ewe lambs pushed from €95- €122 and fat ewes traded from €75-€108.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart