The adverse weather conditions took their toll on numbers at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday, with a small entry reported by Tom McGuire, Manager. Mr. McGuire said that the cattle that were on offer were all sold in a vibrant type trade.
- A Belgian-Blue 555 kg €1275
- A Charolais 490kg €1210.00
- 3 Aberdeen Angus 430 kg €1125.00
- A Limousin-Cross 545 kg €1265.00
- An Aberdeen-Angus-Cross 435 kg €1150.00
- A Charolais 315 kg €875.00
- Weanling Bulls: Charolais 275 kg hit €935.00 (€3.40/kg).
- Weanling Heifers: 2 Charolais sold together 255kg made €825.00(€3.24/kg)
Cull Cows & Sucklers
- Best price in the dry cows went to a Charolais-Cross 705 kg and she made €1430(€2.03/kg).
- A 3rd calf Limousin cow with heifer at foot fetched €1510.
Sheep numbers were small due to the bad weather; Hoggets fetched from €95 to €123, according to Tom McGuire. Fat ewes sold from €78 to a high of €118, while butcher Lambs made from €102to €129.
Pre- booking for cattle each Friday - (094 95 41140).