Some 470 cattle passed through Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (March 27th), according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
A good attendance of customers coupled with improved weather conditions resulted in a strong trade, the manager added.
“There was a huge sale of weanling bulls which was well attended by export customers resulting in a seriously good trade all-round especially for the average-type calf.”
- A Limousin-X - 485kg - €1210 or €2.49/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 420 kg - €1135 or €2.70/kg;
- 3 Aberdeen-Angus sold together - 285 kg - €790 or €2.77/kg;
- ABelgian Blue-X 365 kg - €1075 or €2.95/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 585 kg - €1375 or €2.35/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 485 kg -€1220 or €2.52/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 375 kg - €980 or €2.61/kg.
- Weanling Heifers: A Charolais-X - 285 kg - €945 or €3.32/kg.
- Weanling Bulls: A Limousin-X - 335 kg - €985 or €2.94/kg.
- Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: A Charolais - 790 kg - €1520 or €1.91/kg;
- A 3rd-calf cow with Limousin bull calf at foot - €1540.
Sheep numbers were similar to last week, the manager noted. Store lambs made from €85 to €115, while heavy lambs ranged from €90- €124 and fat ewes pushed from €85 to €112 and a ewe with a couple peaked at €260.