Light to forward stores were a steady trade at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (October 2nd), according to Tom McGuire - manager.
“A very big sale of cattle was held; the stronger cattle were harder to sell,” he added.
- A Limousin-X 585 kg - €1295 or €2.21/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 470 kg - €1045 or €2.22/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus-X - 425 kg - €995 or €2.34/kg;
- X2 Hereford-crosses - 375 kg - €745 or €1.99/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 605 kg - €1265 or €2.09/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 545 kg - €1200 or €2.20/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus - 480 kg - €1075 or €2.24/kg.
Dry cows and suckler pairings:
- Dry cows: A Limousin-X - 785 kg - €1455 or €1.85/kg;
- Suckler pairings: A Limousin-X cow with bull calf at foot - €1510.
Farmers and exporters were active at the mart’s weanling sale last Monday. “Heifers weanlings were once again snapped up by the farmers.” McGuire outlined.
McGuire said that sheep number surpassed the 2,000 mark once again this week, with good demand for store lambs and a full clearance recorded.
Store lambs ranged from €60 to €80, factory lambs made from €87 to €107, while ewe lambs fetched from €90-€126.00 and fat ewes clicked from €70 to €110.