A big cattle sale was staged at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (October 17th), with a good trade-all round, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
The manager said that the trade was probably helped by the super weather conditions and large number of farmers around the ring.
- A Limousin-X - 545 kg - €1380 or €2.53/kg;
- A Charolais - 490 kg - €1255.00 or €2.56/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus - 395 kg - €1085 or €2.75/kg;
- A Belgian Blue - 300 kgs - €835 or €2.78/kg.
- 5 Charolais Bullocks sold together - 537 kg - €1410 or €2.63/kg - purchased by a local farmer;
- 2 Limousins sold together - 545 kg - €1345 or €2.47/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 475 kg - € 1245 or €2.62/kg;
- A Hereford-X - 380 kg - €920 or €2.42/kg.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: A Limousin-X - 615 kg- €1375 or €2.24/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A 3rd-calf Limousin cow with Charolais bull calf ay foot - €1720.
- Weanling Bulls: A Limousin-X - 280 kg - €990 or €3.54/kg;
- Weanling Heifers: A Charolais - 330 kg - €935 or €2.83/kg.
2,000 sheep went under the hammer according to Tom McGuire.
Store lambs made from €68-€96; fat ewes pushed from €72-€105and Ewe Lambs clicked from €92-€127.
Weanling sales will continue each Monday for the Autumn period.
Pre- booking for Weanlings takes place each Thursday from 9 am and Store Cattle on Friday from 9 am on (094 95 41140).
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Livestock Mart.