Ballinrobe Mart’s final sale for November 2019, which was held on Wednesday, November 27th, attracted a good show of cattle, according to Tom McGuire.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the manager, said: “Again, there were plenty of customers around the ring to bid for stock. The quality-type lots were fetching the bigger money.”
- A Limousin-X - 575 kg - €1320 or €2.30/kg;
- A Belgian Blue-X - 475 kg - €1140 or €2.40/kg;
- 2 Charolais sold together - 440 kg - €1020 or €2.32/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus - 420 kg - €1070 or €2.55/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 535 kg - €1100 or €2.06/kg;
- 2 Charolais sold together - 525 kg - €1050.00 - €2.19/kg;
- 3 Aberdeen Angus - 425 kg - €930 or €2.19/kg.
- A Belgian Blue-X - 695 kg- €1215 or €1.75/kg
- Weanling bulls: A Charolais-X - 275 kg - €820 or €2.98/kg;
- Weanling heifers: A Limousin-X - 315 kg - €850 or €2.70/kg.
“Another very big sheep sale with a 100% clearance. Such is the demand for lambs, it has outweighed the supply resulting in an upward trend in the price of sheep each week.”
Store lambs made from €62-€109, while factory lambs ranged from €66-€116 and ewe lambs ranged from €108-€120; fat ewes climbed from €64-€106.