Cattle numbers were similar to previous weeks in Ballinrobe Mart, on Wednesday (June 26th), with sheep numbers up again on last week, according to Tom McGuire – Manager.
- A Limousin -X - 660 kg - €1635.00 or €2.47/ kg;
- A Saler -X- 445 kg - €930.00 or €2.11/kg;
- 2 Limousin -X - sold together - 345 kg - €950.00 or €2.45/kg.
- A Limousin -X - 410 kg - €1090.00 or €2.66/ kg;
- A Charolais -X -330 kg - €730.00 or €2.21/kg;
- 2 Aberdeen Angus -X- sold together- 580 kg - €1005.00 or €1.73/kg.
- A Limousin -X- 365 kg - €930.00 or €2.55/kg.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Cull cows: A Charolais - 810 kg - €1430.00 or €1.76/kg;
- Suckler pairings: A Hereford-cross cow with calf at foot - €1310.
Spring lambs achieved €135.00, while a ewe with a couple sold from €220.00 - €235.00
“Sheep numbers were well up on last week” – McGuire.