A large number of cattle number went under the hammer at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (June 7th), according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 545 kg - €1300 or €2.39/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 445 kg - €1145 or €2.57/kg;
- A Charolais - 335 kg - €920 or €2.75/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 265 kg - €840 or €3.17/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 525 kg - €1200 or €2.29/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 460 kg - €1145 or €2.49/kg;
- A Belgian Blue - 395 kg - €1000 or €2.53/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 295 kg - €880 or €2.98/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Cull Cows: A Limousin-X - 755 kg - €1540 or €2.04/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A Limousin cow with bull calf at foot - €1770.
“Sheep numbers were up slightly on last week with trade a little bit firmer.” the manager outlined.
Spring lambs made to €130 and ewes with couples pushed from €225 to €250.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart