Cattle numbers remained “quite small”, with a steady trade reported by manager, Tom McGuire.
- A Charolais-X 465kg - €1210 or €2.60/kg;
- A Limousin 365kg - €920 or €2.52/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus 400kg - €1040 or €2.60/kg.
- A Belgian Blue 615kg - €1395.00 or €2.27/kg;
- A Limousin-X 535kg - €1175.00 or €2.20/kg;
- A Simmental-X 395kg - €1000.00 or €2.53/kg.
- Weanling Bulls: A Limousin-X 295kg - €875.00 or €3.18/kg.
Dry Cows & Suckler Outfits
Dry Cows: A Charolais-X 655 kg - €1345 or €2.05/kg;
Sucklers: A Limousin cow with a heifer calf at foot - €1510.
The sheep sale witnessed an increased entry with a “greater demand” for store lambs, despite a major shortage of grass, Tom noted.
Store lambs made from €86 to €119; fat ewes clicked from €95-€117 and butcher lambs ranged from €110-€126.
No sale on Wednesday, August, 1st - sales will resume as normal on Wednesday, August, 8th.
All upcoming special sheep and cattle sales can be viewed on Aurivo’s website or the mart’s Facebook page.
Pre- booking for cattle each Friday - (094 95 41140).
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 12 noon at the latest. Customers are thanked for their co- operation.