Cattle numbers were similar to the previous week at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (July 17th), according to Tom McGuire – Manager - who noted that trade held well, especially for quality lots.
- A Limousin-X - 655 kg - €1430 or €2.18/kg (main picture);
- A Charolais-X - 505 kg - €1235 or €2.45/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus-X - 445 kg - €995 or €2.24/kg;
- A Charolais - 270 kg - €818 or €3.02/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 570 kg - €1285 or €2.25/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 385 kg - €1000 or €2.60/kg;
- 3 Friesian sold together - 343 kg - €495 or €1.44/kg.
- A Limousin - 295 kg - €805 or €2.73/kg.
Dry cows and suckler pairings:
- Dry cows: A Charolais-X - 835 kg - €1565 or €1.87/kg;
- Suckler pairings: A Charolais-X cow with a heifer calf at foot - €1480.
“Sheep numbers were up again on the previous week with a lively trade resulting in a full clearance.” the manager said.
Store lambs pushed from €70 to €96, while factory lambs climbed from €94 to €116 and cull ewes topped out at €110.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart