350 cattle went under the hammer at Ballinrobe on Wednesday (March 6th), with a full clearance according to Tom McGuire – Manager.
- 3 Limousin-X sold together - 538 kg - €1275 or €2.37/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 535 kg - €1200 or €2.24/kg;
- 3 Hereford-X sold together - 366 kg - €835 or €2.28/kg;
- A Charolais-X -455 kg - €1120 or €2.46/kg.
- A Charolais - 475 kg - €1240 or €2.61/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 385 kg - €1070 or €2.78/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 460 kg - €1155 or €2.51/kg.
- Weanling Heifers: A Limousin-X - 325 kg - €890 or €2.74/kg;
- Weanling Bulls: A Charolais-X - 315 kg - €975 or €3.10/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows - An Aberdeen Angus-X - 665 kg - €1280 00 or €1.92/kg.
- Suckler Pairings - A Limousin cow with a Charolais bull calf at foot - €1700.
Sheep numbers are remaining small, the manager added. Store lambs made from €72to €106 with heavy lambs topping out at €126.
Moving to the other categories, fat ewes fetched from €87-€112, while in-lamb ewes ranged from €140- €180 and a ewe with a couple led the sale at €230.