Ballinrobe Mart held its opening sale for 2019 on Wednesday (January 9th), with trade showed little or no change since before Christmas, Tom McGuire - Manager said.
- A Charolais - 570 kg - €1175. or €2.06/kg;
- A Limousin - 330 kg - €785 or €2.38/kg;
- A Belgian Blue-X - 290 kg - €700 or €2.41/kg.
- An Aberdeen 495 kg - €1070.00 or €2.16/kg;
- 3 Charolais sold together - 348 kg - €800 or €2.30/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: A Limousin - 775 kg - €1275 or €1.65/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A LimousincCow with a heifer calf at foot - €1320.
A small entry of sheep went under the hammer with prices slightly up on last year, Tom McGuire noted. Store lambs fetched from €72 to €96, with ewe lambs topping out at €115 and fat selling from €74 to €110.
- All upcoming sheep and cattle sales can be viewed on the mart’s website or Facebook page.
- Pre-booking every Friday on 094 95 41140 from 9 am - Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.