Despite "atrocious weather conditions" that hampered the number of sheep and cattle on offer at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday, good cattle met with a vibrant trade, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
- A Limousin-X - 595 kg - €1580 or €2.66/kg;
- 2 SLX sold together - 642 kg - €1470 or €2.29/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus - 590 kg - €1230 or €2.08/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 345 kg - €850 or €2.46/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 660 kg - €1438 or €2.18/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 430 kg - €985 or €2.29/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus - 330 kg - €828 or €2.51/kg.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry cows: Charolais-X - 795 kg - €1600 or €2.01/kg;
- Sucklers: A Charolais-X cow - 7 months in-calf to a Limousin bull - €1380.
Sheep numbers were similar to the previous week with a good number of customers present, the manager added.