Cattle and sheep numbers are rising every week in Ballinrobe with the trade remaining relatively steady, according to Tom McGuire – Mart Manager.
“On Wednesday (January 24th), there were more than enough customers around for the numbers that were on show.” He added.
- A Limousin-X - 590 kg - €1470 or €2.49/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 535 kg - €1320 or €2.47/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus - 420 kg - €875.00 or €2.08/kg
- A Charolais - 515 kg - €1255 or €2.44 /kg;
- A Limousin-X - 405 kg - €1005 or €2.48 /kg;
- A Belgian Blue - 370 kg - €900 or €2.43 /kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: A SAX - 790 kg - €1350. 00 or €1.71/kg.
- Suckler Pairings: An Aberdeen Angus cow with a heifer calf at foot -€1370.
Sheep numbers were similar to the previous week with “a huge demand for lambs”, Tom McGuire said. A pen of 10 climbed to €129.00, while ewe lambs fetched up to €123 and fat ewes pushed from €82 to €118.