Cattle and sheep numbers are beginning to rise at Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart as we progress into the new year, Tom McGuire – the mart’s manager said.
The manager noted that purchasers continued to place an emphasis on quality lots at the general cattle sale on Wednesday (January 16th).
- A Limousin-X - 635 kg - €1600 or €2.52/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 555 kg - €1505 or €2.7/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 385 kg - €1000 or €2.60/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 575 kg - €1365 or €2.37/kg;
- 3 Aberdeen Angus sold together - 447 kg - €1025 or €2.29/kg.
- Cull Cows: A Charolais-X - 895 kg - €1570 or €1.75/kg. (pictured)
Sheep numbers were up on the previous week as were prices, with lots of customers making their presence felt for store lambs, the manager said.
Store lambs fetched from €82 to €121, while ewe lambs pushed up to €118 and fat ewes sold from €76 to €112.
- Pre-booking every Friday on 094 95 41140 from 9 am.
- All upcoming sheep and cattle sales can be viewed on the mart’s website or Facebook page – for all other enquiries, contact the mart office.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart