A special continental Bullock sale attracted some quality-types to Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (February 27th), according to Tom McGuire – Manager.
He noted that, as always, the top-quality lots realised the top prices with the fine weather bringing “plenty of customers” to the ringside.
- A Charolais-X - 545 kg - €1345 or €2.47 per kg;
- A Limousin- 465 kg - €1210 or €2.60 per kg;
- 4 Aberdeen-Angus sold together - 405 kg - €1010 or €2.49 per kg.
- 3 Charolais sold together - 535 kg - €1325 or €2.48 per kg;
- An Aubrac-cross - 425 kg - €1065 or €2.51 per kg;
- A Limousin-X - 335 kg - €870 or €2.60 per kg.
Weanling Heifers: A Charolais-X - 335 kg - €955 or €2.85 per kg;
Weanling Bulls: A Belgian Blue - 290 kg - €885 or €3.05 per kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Entries
- Dry Cows: An Aberdeen-Angus-X - 695 kg - €1325 or €1.91 per kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A 4-year-old Limousin-X cow with a Charolais heifer calf at foot - €1575.
Sheep numbers are remaining small with little or change in price, the manager added.
Store lambs made from €80 to €122 while ewe lambs realised €127; fat ewes went under the hammer from €88-€114.