A huge increase in the sheep numbers on offer, with cattle numbers remaining similar at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (February 6th), according to Tom McGuire – Manager.
“Trade remaining steady higher prices going for quality Continental breeds,” McGuire said following the general cattle sale.
- A Limousin-X - 550 kg - €1500 or €2.72 per kg;
- A Simmental-X -485 kg - €1100 or €2.27 per kg;
- A Charolais-X -330 kg - € 925 or €2.80/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus - 590 kg - €1230 or €2.08/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 345 kg - €850 or €2.46/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 630 kg - €144 0or €2.22 per kg;
- A Charolais-X - 400 kg - €1080or €2.70/kg;
- 2 Limousin-X - 370 kg - €690 or €1.86 per kg.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry cows: A Limousin-X - 775 kg - €1465 or €1.89 per kg;
- A Charolais cow with a January-2019-born Limousin heifer calf - €1560.
A major increase in sheep numbers, with plenty of customers present at the ringside, the manager added.
Store lambs sold from €84-€130, while ewe lambs made up to €122 and fat ewes pushed from €82-€110. With strong farmer interest, in-lamb ewes realised €185.
- Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.
- Upcoming Sale: A Special Continental Heifer sale will take place on Wednesday (February 20th).
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart/ Facebook.