Ballinrobe Mart’s special Continental heifer sale attracted some quality entries on Wednesday (February 20th), according to Tom McGuire who noted that "as always, top-quality lots realised the top prices".
- A Charolais-X - 655kg - €1670 or €2.55 per kg;
- A Limousin-X - 595 kg - €1590 or €2.67 per kg;
- A Limousin-X - 445 kg - € 1055 or €2.37 per kg;
- 3 Charolais sold together - 305 kg - €900 or €2.95 per kg.
- A Charolais - 565 kg - €1420 or €2.51 per kg;
- A Limousin-X - 475 kg - €1200 or €2.53 per kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus - 370 kg - €865 or €2.34 per kg.
- Top price in the Weanling bulls went to 3 Limousin sold together - 267 kg - €875or €3.28 per kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings:
- Dry Cows: A Charolais-X - 820 kg - €1580 or €1.93 per kg.
- Suckler Pairings: A 4-year-old Charolais-X cow with a Charolais bull calf at foot - €1620.
Sheep numbers were back slightly on last week with the trade remaining the same, the manager added.
Store lambs made from €78 to €124, while ewe lambs realised €126 and fat ewes ranged from €90-€116.