Despite being the second last sale of the year, cattle numbers were similar to the previous week in Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (December 5th), according to its manager, Tom McGuire.
- 2 Charolais sold together - 505 kg - €1235 or €2.45/kg;
- 1 Limousin - 465 kg - €1100 or €2.37/kg;
- 1 Limousin-X - 395 kg - €830 or €2.10/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 540 kg - €1225 or €2.27/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 485 kg - €1140 or €2.35/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 380 kg - €1050 or €2.66/kg.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry cows: SAX - 755 kg - €1090 or €1.61/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A second-calf Limousin cow with bull calf at foot - €1550.
- Weanling Bulls - A Limousin-X - 325 kg - €890 or €2.74/kg;
- Weanling Heifers - A Charolais-X - 275 kg - €755 or €2.75/kg.
Moving to the sheep, numbers were back slightly. Tom McGuire outlined. Store lambs made €64-€92; ewe lambs pushed from €89 up to a top call of €108 and fat ewes fetched from €62-€98.
The final sale of the year will take place on Wednesday (December 12th).
All upcoming sheep and cattle sales can be viewed on the mart’s website or Facebook page - for all other enquiries, contact the mart office.