There was a big entry of cattle and sheep at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (December 12th) for the final sale of the year, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
Tom said trade was good for the quality cattle once again this week, while plainer types proved difficult to sell.
- A Belgian Blue-X - 585 kg - €1320 or €2.26/kg;
- A Charolais - 480 kg - €1165 or €2.43/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 415 kg - €1010 or €2.43/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 645 kg - €1400 or €2.17/kg;
- 3 Aberdeen Angus sold together - 522 kg -€1105 or €2.12/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 410 kg - €1055 or €2.60/kg.
Cull Cows & Suckler Pairings
- Dry cows: A Charolais-X - 685 kg - €1270 or €1.85/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A Limousin cow with a heifer calf at foot - €1320.
- Weanling bulls: A Charolais-X - 265 kg - €830 or €3.13/kg;
- Weanling Heifers: 3 Limousins sold together - 312 kg - €775 or €2.48/kg.
Moving to the sheep yard, store lambs fetched from €65 to €91; Ewe lambs sold from €87 to €110.00 and fat ewes ranged from €60 to €96.
Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart will re-open on Wednesday (January 9th) - all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest - pre-booking Every Friday on 094 95 41140 from 9 am.
All upcoming sheep and cattle sales can be viewed on the mart’s website or Facebook page - all other enquires contact the mart office.