Cattle numbers were up on the previous weeks, while 2,000 sheep were offered for sale at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday, August 28th, according to Tom McGuire - manager.
- A Limousin-X - 455 kg - €1045 or €2.30/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 535 kg - €1100 or €2.06/kg;
- 5 Aberdeen Angus-X - 256 kg - €680 or €2.66/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 490 kg - €1080 or €2.20/kg;
- A Belgian Blue-X - 425 kg - €1010 or €2.38/kg;
- 2 Aberdeen Angus sold together - 425 kg - €875 or €2.06/kg.
- Weanling bull: Limousin-X - 295 kg - €775 or €2.63/kg;
- Dry cows: Shorthorn-X - 865 kg - €1550 or €1.79/kg.
“With 2000 sheep on offer and a huge amount of customers around, there was up in a 100 % clearance,” McGuire said.
Store lambs clicked from €55-€85 and factory lambs climbed from €86-€105.00 while ewe lambs made from €107-€127; cast ewes ranged from €55-€100.