Ballinrobe Mart’s Continental bullock sale attracted good quality entries on Wednesday (April 10th), according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
“With favourable weather conditions and lots of customers around, there was a fine trade.” McGuire outlined.
- 4 Charolais-X (pic above) sold together - 593 kg - €1430 or €2.41/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 565 kg - €1365 or €2.42/kg;
- 2 Aberdeen Angus sold together - 538 kg - €1225 or €2.28/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 355 kg - €995 or €2.80/kg.
- 2 Limousins - 470 kg - €1300 or €2.77/kg;
- A Belgian-Blue-X - 545 kg - €1445 or €2.65/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 350 kg - €965 or €2.76/kg.
- Weanling Heifers: A Limousin-X - 295 kg - €905or €3.07/kg;
- Weanling Bulls: 2 Limousins sold together - 335 kg - €1040 or €3.10/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Entries
- Dry Cows: A Limousin - 670kg - €1340 or €2.00/kg;
- Suckler Entries: A Simmental-X 3rd-calver - due in May - €1460.
A large entry went under the hammer; hoggets made from €110 to €128 while spring lambs realised €140 and ewes with couples pushed up to €235.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart