400 cattle were on offer at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday last. Tom McGuire noted that cattle and sheep continue to be a very good trade considering the adverse weather conditions resulting in late grass growth.
A Limousin 635 kg made €1510.00 or €2.38 per kg; an AUX 375 kg made €1140.00 or €3.04 per kg and 2 Charolais sold together 375 kg sold for €1175.00 or €3.13 per kg
2 blacks sold together 552 kg topped out at €1195.00 or €2.16 per kg; a Charolais-X 375 kg clicked €1100.00 or €2.93 per kg and an Aberdeen Angus 415 kg fetched €1080.00 or €2.60 per kg.
- Weanling Heifers: Limousin-X 370kg €1070.00 or €2.89 per kg.
- Weanling Bulls Charolais-X 395 kg €1185.00 or €3.00 per kg.
Cull Cows; Suckler Pairings and Suck Calves
- Dry Cows: Charolais-X 585 kg €1295.00 or €2.21 per kg.
- A Limousin cow with Heifer calf at foot €1640.
- A Hereford-X heifer suck calf made €245.00; Friesian bulls ranged in price from €55.00 to €107.00.
Tom McGuire said that sheep numbers were similar to the previous week with again a full clearance. Hoggets sold from €98.00 to €125.00 with fat ewes asking from €86.00 to a top price of €120.00. Butcher lambs peaked at prices from €110 to €130.