A good sale of quality and lesser quality cattle at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday (April 14th), was enhanced trade-wise by the large numbers of purchasers, especially farmers, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
- A Limousin-X - 495 kg - €1270 or €2.57/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 465 kg - €1145 or €2.46/kg;
- 3 Aberdeen Angus sold together - 335 kg - €810.00 - €2.42/kg;
- A Hereford-cross - 320 kg - €700 or €2.19/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 565 kg - €1435 or €2.54/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 475 kg - €1225 or €2.58/kg;
- 2 Salers-crosses sold together - 406 kg - €1110 - €2.73/kg.
- Weanling Heifers: 2 Limousin-crosses - 320 kg - €900 or €2.81/kg;
- Weanling Bulls: A Charolais-X - 335 kg - €995 or €2.97/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: A Simmental-cross - 745 kg (main picture) - €1575 or €2.11/kg;
- Suckler Pairings: A Limousin- X 3rd-calf cow with a heifer calf at foot - €1505.
Sheep numbers are remaining similar each week so far, the manager outlined.
Store lambs made from €105 to €140, hoggets climbed from €110-€128 and ewes with couples realised €245.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart