Ballinrobe Mart attracted some quality cattle on Wednesday (April 17th), according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
“A fine sale of quality cattle on offer, accompanied by an equally fine day and an equally fine trade.”
- A Charolais - 565 kg - €1320.00 or €2.34/kg (main image);
- A Limousin-X - 515 kg - €1175 or €2.28/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 475 kg - €1100 or €2.32/kg;
- A Simmental-X - 445 kg - €1010 or €2.27/kg.
- A Limousin-X - 515 kg - €1205 or €2.34/kg;
- A Charolais-X - 445 kg - €1140 or €2.56/kg;
- 3 Hereford sold together - 355 kg - €810 or €2.28/kg.
- Weanling Heifers: A Charolais - 245 kg - €855 or €3.49/kg.
- Weanling Bulls: A Belgian-Blue-X - 315 kg - €965 or €3.06/kg.
Dry Cows and Suckler Pairings:
- Cull Cows: A Limousin-X - 698 kg - €1360 or €1.95/kg;
- A Charolais Cow with bull calf at foot - €1800.
Sheep numbers are continuing to rise each week with prices remaining steady, the manager added.
Store lambs made from €110 to €138, while hoggets sold from €112-€130 and ewes with a couple topped out at €250.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart