A smaller number on offer this week, with light stores for sale, according to a spokesperson for the mart.
Young quality cattle were in demand, while older, plainer lots were more difficult to sell. Cull cows sold from €800 up to a top call of €1,650.
- CH - 725kg - €1570 (€2.17/kg);
- CH - 640kg - €1500 (€2.34/kg);
- CH - 640kg - €1400 (€2.19/kg);
- LM - 355kg - €1050 (€2.96/kg);
- CH - 400kg - €1100 (€2.75/kg);
- LM - 410kg - €1070 (€2.61/kg).
- LM - 475kg - €1150 (€2.42/kg);
- CH - 570kg - €1150 (€2.02/kg);
- LM - 480kg - €1150 (€2.40/kg);
- LM - 365kg - €1000 (€2.72/kg);
- CH - 350kg - €900 (€2.57/kg);
- CH - 375kg - €960 (€2.56/kg).
Spring Lambs: Average price per head - €96 up to €117
Stag Ewes: Average price per head - €131 up to €150.
Demand for lighter weanling bulls with heavier bulls less sought after, a spokesperson for Ballinasloe Mart told That’s Farming. Weanling heifers noticed a slight drop but that was due to quality, while there was strong demand for cows and calves.
- CH - 595kg - €1200 (€2.01/kg);
- LM - 395kg - €1040 (€2.63/kg);
- LM - 365kg - €1000 (€2.74/kg);
- CH - 295kg - €910, (€3.08/kg);
- LM - 310kg - €900 (€2.90/kg);
- CH - 295kg - €820 (€2.78/kg).
- LM - 450kg - €1060 (€2.36/kg);
- CH, - 410kg - €950 (€2.32/kg);
- LM - 375kg - €950 (€2.53/kg);
- LM - 245kg - €760 (€3.10/kg);
- SIM - 310kg - €840 (€2.71/kg);
- LM - 305kg - €780 (€2.55/kg).
Dairy Cows: Minimum price per head €630 up to €710;
Cows & Calf: Minimum price per head €1050 up to €2300;
Calves: Minimum Price per head from €30 up to €545.