Trade held firm at Balla Mart on Saturday (April 6th), according to a spokesperson for the mart.
Bullocks 300kg to 400kg made up to €750 with the weight and averaged €2.69/kg, while stores 400kg-500kg pushed up to €845 over and these averaged €2.33/kg.
Heavier bullocks 500kg plus averaged €2.19/kg – a 750kg CHX – born in May-2017 - €1,690 or €940 over.
- 290KG - LMX - €905 - €3.12/KG;
- 356KG - CHX - €1110 - €3.09/KG;
- 470KG - CHX - €1330 - €2.83/KG;
- 45KG - CHX - €1600 - €2.48/KG;
- 850KG - AAX - €1685 - €1.98/KG.
Heifers up to 400 kg averaged €2.42/kg while those 400kg to 500kg averaged €2.22/kg with the weight and entries 500kg plus averaged €2.20/kg.
- 295KG - LMX - €935 - €3.17/KG;
- 345KG – CHX - €1065 - € 3.09/KG;
- 465KG - LMX- €1220 - €2.62/KG;
- 510KG - BBX - €1780 - €3.49/KG;
- 850KG - AAX- €1880- €2.21/KG.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
A top call of €1,800 was recorded for a February-2015-born CHX cow weighing 1,005kgs, while a July-2015-born LM cow and her bull calf at foot reached €1,900.