A 4-year-old BBX cow with an April-born BBX bull calf at foot topped the sale.
Some “outstanding” prices were recorded at Headford Mart on Saturday, July 25th, according to Joe Wynne, manager.
- Bullocks ranged from €1.32 to €2.80 per kg or €100 to €910 over the kg - top price over the kg – a CHX - 590kg - €1500 - €2.54/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 318kg - €890 - €2.80/kg.
- Heifers went under the hammer from €1.49 to €2.67 per kg or €135 to €880 over the kg – top price per kg – a CHX - 710kg - €1590 - €2.24/kg and top price per kg – a LM - 345kg - €920 - €2.54/kg.
- Weanling bulls climbed from €1.77 to €3.08 per kg or €335 to €565 over the kg – top price over the kg – a CHX - 295kg - €860 - €2.92/kg and top price per kg – a CHX - 240kg - €740 - €3.08/kg.
- Cull cows made from €790 to €1540 for a 10-year-old CHX weighing 860kg.
- Breeding bulls fetched up to €1770.
- Cows with calf at foot clicked from €1500 to €2200 for 4-year-old BBX cow with an April-born BBX bull calf at foot.
Lambs ranged from €70 up to €120 or €2.05 to €2.69 per kg:
- 32kg - €86 - €2.69/kg;
- 36kg - €93 - €2.58/kg;
- 33kg - €85 - €2.58/kg;
- 39kg - €100 - €2.56/kg;
- 45kg - €113 - €2.51/kg;
- 37kg - €92 - €2.49/kg;
- 38kg - €93 - €2.45/kg.