Yeah we know its literally only the 2nd of December but you know what we don’t care. Read the myths and enjoy them. Sure Christmas FM is on the radio again its ok!
- You’ll be relaxing at the Christmas time
Ah ever heard of a thing called winter calving? Christmas is one of the busiest times on farm.
- You have all sorts of crazy rituals
Yeah that one is true. Daddy may cook the turkey, we have our own family stuffing recipe. Farmers do their own thing!
- You’ll still be buying and selling animals throughout the big days
Well for your information the marts will close for the holidays!
- You give your farming neighbours presents of whiskey
Well a nice drop never did anyone any harm, failing that they’ll get a box of aul chocolates!
- You don’t have office parties
Well while we may not have an office per se. I'll go down to the local for a few drinks!
- You won't milk the cows on Christmas day
If we are at winter milk then bydad we will!
- You love Christmas
Well that one is true and it’s a welcome break to the dark winter nights even if it's only a few days off.