Whenever you ever see a truck coming against you on the road, you probably wonder who is behind the wheel.
And even if you don’t, there are a few simple ways to identify whether it is a cattle dealer or not.
Here is a list of the distinguishing features to look out for:
- The cattle truck itself is probably a give-away;
- A 191 truck will already have around 300,000km clocked up;
- Look out for the dent in their leg, that is the imprint from the cheque book in their pocket;
- They are on the road when everyone is going to bed, just to ensure they are the first to the sale;
- The ‘dealer jacket’ can be seen behind the wheel;
- Their dining room is wherever or whatever can be found on the way, no matter if parking allows for a truck or not;
- Their hands are covered in lot numbers from previous sales;
- A bit of tyre is left on every high road and by-road in the country, something to remember them by.