They haven’t a bull’s notion; figures are not their forte & they have no sense of direction when it comes to getting behind the wheel -check out these myths!Catherina Cunnane is back this week to dispel myths ( false belief or idea) that people think about AI technicians.
- 1. AI technicians don’t care what straw they pull out of the can.
Of course, they do - It’s down to customer satisfaction at the end of the day! If you want a Blue, you’ll get a Blue, if you want a €1,000 golden CH weanling, they will get you one! (or at least try since the breeding females paints the other half of the picture).
- 2. They are never watching the clock and always arrive on-farm later than promised.
The majority of them are good timekeepers; sure we can all get delayed at times!
- They have no sense of direction when it comes to getting behind the wheel.
AI technicians know every unmapped route around rural Ireland, locations that even Google Maps cannot identify.
- They haven’t got a bulls’ notion.
No pun intended but I’m pretty sure that they know their craft (bovine genetics) like the back of their hand - easy calving sires; short gestation; bulls for maidens; sires suitable for mature cows - the majority can rhyme all suitable sires off by heart.
- Figures are not their forte!
Let’s put this one to bed - Think of all those numerical AI codes?
- They are useless at remembering names.
Similar to numbers, experienced AI techs have the ability to recall the names and AI codes of all bulls - Fiston; Castleview Gazelle and Curaheen Earp - do they sound familiar?
- AI technicians are strangers in the farming world.
AI technicians are celebrities in the bovine breeding world. They are renowned for their speciality.