A person’s true character will always shine through after a day in the bog, after enduring the greatest test of them all.
Tough and relentless physical labour can be expected, some may call it cruelty, but it can often provide a sense of achievement as well as chronic long-lasting back pains.
If you have never been before, here are some things to expect on a day in the bog.
- Sunburn, even on a rainy day;
- Secretly racing the others involved to prove your dominance;
- Getting eaten alive by midgets is definitely a highlight;
- Getting abused for slacking off;
- Eating your lunch in a tractor cab;
- If you're unlucky enough to forget to wear gloves, do not expect to have full use of your hands ever again;
- A feeling of despair when you think you have achieved a lot, but look up to see you have only covered about 10 yards;
- Dust in your every possible crevasse of your body.