Christmas is edging closer. Are you one of those smug people who have everything wrapped, or are you waiting for the mad Christmas Eve rush? Regardless, if you need a few last-minute stocking filler ideas, don’t worry. We have you covered!
- The Ideal Farm Husband- Lorna Sixsmith released her third book earlier this year and to no surprise, we immensely enjoyed yet another page-turner from the Irish author and blogger. Maybe you want to drop a few hints about his attitudes and beliefs, or encourage him to be a little more romantic? Sixsmith’s carefully crafted quizzes put the icing on the cake. It’s an ideal read for all agriculturalists, farm husbands, boyfriends, country lovers, farm wives and girlfriends. You can purchase the book online here for €12.95 and shipping is €2 within Ireland.
- For the lads that eat, breathe and sleep machinery, the new GRASSMEN DVD is a real treat. The eagerly awaited 'Twist of Fiat' production will be available just in time for Christmas 2016! Get yours online here.
- GRASSMEN merchandise- The online shop is jam packed with hoodies, t-shirts, mugs, pens, baseball caps and we’d highly recommend the 2017 calendar, just to ensure he doesn’t forget the family party, wedding or that weekend away in the forthcoming year (not that those sort of celebrations would even dare slip his mind during peak calving or lambing season).
- Fresh Cut Silage Cab Refresher- The smell of freshly cut grass in a bottle, one for the lads suffering from a dose of the contagious Green Fever! Limited stock available, so put the foot to the floor. Several signs, keyrings and other merchandise are also available from the company. See the full collection here.
- As the expression goes, you can’t beat a pair of ‘Super Hamptons’ Dealer boots, for all those trips to marts, factories and even the odd stroll around the yard. Yes, for those of you that aren’t quite familiar with this particular brand, they’re the fashion statement of the farming world! Rolling it back to the years of the golden oldies, they were once known as the ‘aul’ tang shoes!’ Now you know what we’re talking about!
- Overalls- Major Machinery have a fantastic range of overalls that make ideal gifts.
- Moocall claims to capture 6-7 calvings weekly, with each device covering up to 30 cattle on average. Receive an email, SMS or app notification prior to the expected delivery of a calf. An ideal purchase from your suckler farmer, it costs €329.00 including 12 months of service. See their website for a special Christmas offer!
- Wellies & socks- You really can’t go wrong with the everyday essentials, even as unoriginal as it may seem. They might just come in handy for the emergency delivery of a calf or a lamb! It always helps to have a back-up pair on hand.
- A Smartphone- Of course the world of farming and technology seem to go hand in hand nowadays. Surprise him with a smartphone, so not only can he check the weather, complete paperwork, register calves and record animal remedies, but also keep up-to-date with the new That’s Farming mobile app, now available on iPhone and Android.
Merry Christmas to you and your farming family!