Date nights consists of viewing Rare Breed or CCTV footage of the maternity ward.
Ulster Farmers’ Union has listed a number of things that farmers look out for in a potential partner, or possibly some information you should know when dating a farmer!
- Standing in the gap when moving livestock and not falling out with the in-laws;
- Going on a ‘break’ over the harvest/silage period is essential;
- Date night consists of viewing Rare Breed, Farm FLiX, the weather forecast or CCTV footage of the maternity ward;
- Meals in the local livestock market or in the cab of the tractor;
- A unique smelling ‘perfume’;
- They are never on time – especially when it’s lambing/calving time or the slurry ban is lifted;
- Understand all the farmer lingo and acronyms;
- Under every field ‘name’ and back road – “The top field down the side road at Jimmy’s”
- Learn the codes: “The one with the….” Or “the biggest one…”
- Being telepathic is handy;
- Become an expert in keeping farm records.