With cattle numbers back, prices held well this week in Maam Cross. Cows with calves made up to €1690. Heifer weanlings averaged €620/head and hit €3.25/kg, according to Bríd Burke of Maam Cross Mart.
- Dry Cows averaged €1.72/kg to €1.90/kg to a max of €1,075 for a 10-year-old LM cow, dry
- Cows with calves at foot averaged €2.16/kg to €2.53/kg to a max of €1,690 for a 6-year-old LM cow, with CH bull calf at foot.
- Heifers averaged €2.60/kg to € 3.25/kg to a max of €775 for a 250kg CH heifer, 7-months- old
- Bullocks averaged €2.36/kg to €2.59/kg to a max of €1,000 for two 460kg LM bullocks, 1 1/2 years old.
- Bull Weanlings averaged €2.48/kg to €3.32/kg with a max price of €900 for a 340kg LM, 9-months-old.
“Sheep numbers were up this week with prices to match. With genuine blackface stock, ewe lambs hit €114.” Bríd Burke of Maam Cross Mart said.
- Lambs, blackface and crossbreds averaged €63 a max price of €114/head for 5 crossbred ewe lambs
- Hoggets averaged €69 a max price of €111 for 3 blackface ewe hoggets
- Cull and breeding Ewes averaged €48 to a max price of €71/head for 2 dry ewes, blackface.
- Ewes (with lambs at foot) averaged €165 to a max of €180 for 1 Suffolk ewe with twins at foot.
The mart encourages sellers to book in their stock so that they can inform buyers of numbers. Sheep and Cattle sold every Saturday with sheep first at 11 am and cattle after. Next pony sale is April 6th with limited lots. Please contact the office on (091) 552 254 or email email@example.com.