Some Rural areas in Ireland have broadband speeds that up to 36 times slower than those in towns and cities; that’s according to a survey conducted by Switcher, an independent price-comparison website.
In response to the startling results of the survey, we decided to run a poll to ask our readers to share their experiences/thoughts. The results of That’s Farming’s poll on this subject matter are highlighted below.
When asked ‘Is gaining access to rural broadband an issue for you?’ 79% responded by saying yes ‘yes’. When then followed when the question ‘is a slow/poor broadband connection affecting the running of your farm/Agri-Biz?’ 75% said ‘yes’ to that question.
We wrapped up the survey with a final question ‘As a farmer and/or Agri-Biz entrepreneur; what do you use the internet for?
- 56% Keeping up-to-date with news & developments in the Ag sector
- 11% Accounts/Management of Finance
- 0% Marketing/Advertising of business/ farm products & services
- 22% Farm Paperwork/Documentation
- 11% Networking- Forging contacts
- 0% Entertainment/Leisure purposes
- 0% Purchasing of good and services ( online farm stores ect)
- 0% Other