Prices held very well this week at Maam Cross, with a great demand for stock, according to Muiréad Burke.
- Dry cows averaged €1.78/kg to €2.17/kg to a max of €1,415 for a CH cow- 9-years-old
- Suckler pairings averaged €2.08/kg to €2.50/kg to a max of €1,760 for a 5-year-old - AA cow - 3rd-calver, with a CH heifer calf, at foot.
- Heifers averaged €2.61/kg to €3.23/kg to a max of €1,185 for a 464kg LM heifer, born April-2017
- Bullocks averaged €2.63/kg to €3.12/kg to a max of €1,030 for a 366kg CH bullock, born April -2017.
[432kg bull weanling - born 09/2017 -€1110]
Sheep numbers were back slightly, with a top call of €130 was recorded for dry ewes. With genuine blackface and crossbred stock on display, ewe hoggets topped out at €115.
- Lambs: blackface and cross breds; averaged €85 a maximum price of €100/hd for 4 Suffolk mixed lambs - 42.5kg
- Hoggets averaged €78 to a max price of €115/hd for 5 ewe hoggets
- Ewes (lambs at foot); averaged €99 to a max €125 for 2 full mouth blackface ewe with 2 lambs at foot
- Dry ewes averaged €78 to €130/head for 4 2-years old ewe