Trade improved by €10-€20/head at Ennis Mart’s cattle sale on Tuesday (September 11th), according to a spokesperson for the mart.
The spokesperson outlined that quality attracted interests in all rings, as a similar-sized entry went under the hammer again this week.
“A small bit more activity for the light shipping type runners and weanlings.” The spokesperson highlighted.
Runner heifers pushed up to €745, while bull runners clicked up to €980. and suckler pairings realised €1,670.
Bull and heifer weanlings improved by €10-€20/head this week.
- 1 CH 295kgs - €970 - €3.29/kg;
- 1 LIM 465kgs - €1,155 - €2.48/kg;
- 1 LIM 290kgs - €945 - €3.26/kg;
- 1 CH 415kgs - €1,130 - €2.72/kg;
- 1 BBX 265kgs - €800 - €3.02/kg;
- 1 CH 345kgs - €1,000 - €2.90/kg;
- 1 CH 390kgs - €1,100 - €2.82/kg;
- 1 CH 530kgs - €1,230 - €2.34/kg.
- 1 CH 225kgs - €700 - €3.11/kg;
- 2 LIM 295kgs - €840 - €2.85/kg;
- 1 LIM 375kgs - €1,060 - €2.83/kg;
- 1 CH 300kgs - €870 - €2.90/kg;
- 1 CH 425kgs - €1,000 - €2.35/kg;
- 3 LIM 363kgs - €900 - €2.48/kg;
- 1 LIM 325kgs - €880 - €2.71/kg;
- 1 CH 355kgs - €900 - €2.54/kg.
Sheep a solid trade on the week with a larger entry, and lambs averaged just over €2/kg, the spokesperson added. A top price of €119 was recorded for a pen of lambs; cull ewes ranged from €55-€100.