A special Continental heifer sale brought some lovely quality stock to Ballinrobe on Wednesday (October 10th), according to Tom McGuire - Manager
- 1 Belgian Blue-X - 555 kg - €1410 or €2.54/kg;
- 1 Charolais - 575 kg - €1430 or €2.49/kg;
- 1 Limousin-X - 425 kg - €1100.00 or €2.59/kg;
- 3 Aberdeen Angus sold together - 370 kg - €915 or €2.47/kg.
- 1 Charolais-X - 645 kg - €1530 or €2.37/kg;
- 1 Aberdeen Angus-X - 545 kg - €1145 or €2.28/kg;
- 1 Belgian Blue-X - 495 kg - €1295 or €2.62/kg.
- Weanling Bulls: 1 Charolais - 325 kg - €1180 or €3.63/kg;
- Weanling Heifers: 1 Limousin-X - 280 kg - €920 or €3.29/kg.
Cull Cows & Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: Belgian Blue-X - 790 kg - €1570 or €1.99/kg;
- Suckler Teams: Hereford cow with Angus calf at foot - €1630.
Tom McGuire reported that store lambs made from €62-€92; fat ewes clicked from €68-€90 and ewe lambs ranged from €90-€120.
Weanling sales will continue each Monday for the Autumn period - Pre- booking for takes place each Thursday from 9 am and Store Cattle on Friday from 9am on (094 95 41140).
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.