Cattle and sheep numbers were very similar to last week and the trade held “very firm” according to Tom McGuire, Manager of Ballinrobe Mart.
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 615 kg - €1405.00 (€2.28/kg);
- A Charolais-X - 415 kg - €1130.00 (€2.72/kg);
- A Friesian - 355 kg - €730.00 (€2.06/kg).
- A Limousin - 550kg - €1375.00 (€2.50 per kg);
- 2 Limousin-X sold together - 395 kg - €1100.00 (€2.78 per kg);
- A Belgian Blue - 335 kg - €940.00 (€2.81 per kg).
- Top price in the Weanling Bulls went to a Charolais - 335 kg - €1060.00 (€3.16/kg).
Cull Cows & Suckler Pairings
- The sale topper in the dry cow ring came in the form of a Charolais-X(main photo) - 815 kg - €1,790. (€2.20/kg)
- A 2nd-calved Limousin cow with her bull calf at foot reached €1,800.
Sheep prices were firmer than the previous week with a 100 % clearance, Tom McGuire reported.
Store lambs sold from a base of €91 to a top call of €122, while fat ewes clicked from €82- €115 and butcher lambs ranged from €120- €141.
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 12 noon at the latest. Thank you for your co- operation. Pre- booking for cattle each Friday - (094 95 41140).