Cattle and sheep numbers were similar to last week at Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday, according to Tom McGuire, Manager. He noted that the trade remained relatively unchanged with again emphasis placed on quality lots.
- A Limousin-X 495 kg made €1380.00 or €2.79/kg
- A Charolais 440 kg fetched €1185.00 or €2.69/kg
- An Aberdeen-Angus 385 kg sold at €1060.00 or €2.75/kg
- A Limousin-X 685 kg made €1550.00 or €2.26/kg
- 4 Herefords sold together 542 kg realised €1110.00 or €2.05/kg
- 2 Charolais sold together 305 kg led at €1050.00 or €3.44/kg
Weanlings; Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
- Weanling Bulls: Limousin 285 kg pushed up to €910.00 or €3.19/kg.
- Dry Cows: Belgian Blue-X 805 kg sold at €1850.00 or €2.30/kg.
- Sucklers: A 12-year old-Charolais cow with bull calf at foot claimed a bid of €1560.00
Sheep numbers remained relatively small, with a slight drop in prices, Tom McGuire said.
Hoggets ranged from €107.00 to €140.00, while fat ewes made from €70.00 to a top call of €123.00. Butcher lambs fetched from €113.00 to €147.00 and Ewes with couples varied in price from €175.00 to €240.00.
Pre- booking for cattle each Friday - (094 95 41140). Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 12 noon at the latest.