Cattle numbers were similar to the previous week, while the number of sheep offered for sale increased.
Trade has eased all round, with a belief that this is due to “ adverse factory price reports”, according to Tom McGuire, Manager.
- A Charolais-X 380 kg - €1100.00 or €2.89/kg;
- 4 Black Herefords sold together 538 kg - €1080.00 or €2.01/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus 410 kg - €1070.00 or €2.61/kg.
- A Charolais-X 580 kg - €1370.00 or €2.36/kg;
- A Limousin-X 425 kg - €1090.00 or €2.56/kg;
- 2 Limousins 335 kg - €890.00 or €2.66/kg.
- Top price in the Weanling Bulls went to a Charolais 270 kg - €910.00 or €3.37/kg.
Dry Cows & Suckler Pairings
- Best price in the Dry Cows went to a Simmental-X 675 kg - €1355.00 or €2.01 per kg.
- A Limousin cow with a heifer calf at foot made €1380.00.
As factories have dictated the live trade, this has resulted in a drop in prices by €5-€10/head, Tom McGuire noted.
Store lambs made from €95.00 to €113.00, while fat ewes clicked from €105.00 to a €119.00 and butcher lambs climbed from €110.00 to a top call of €129.00.
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 12 noon at the latest. Customers are thanked for their co-operation. Pre- booking for cattle each Friday - (094 95 41140).