Sat previous, we had a clearance sale of 30 Dairy Cows, great trade for all cows on offer (no shortage of fodder with the trade) Weanlings were selling well with good clearance all round.
Wednesday saw a huge demand for all types of bullocks especially forward stores (making over €1000 with the weight) good demand for cows and quality heifers.
Thursday saw a larger on number of sheep on offer with an increase in price for all lots with 99% clearance. some sheep were up €15-€20/head.
Bullocks: Average €2.55 up to €3.31 per kg.
- BB, 680kg, €1700, €2.50/kg
- CH 690kg, €1650, €2.39/kg
- CH, 645kg, €1620, €2.51/kg
- LM, 295kg, €985, €3.31/kg
- CH, 400kg, €1200, €3.00/kg
- CH, 440kg, €1300, €2.95/kg
Heifers: Average €2.37 up to €3.14 per kg.
- CH, 585kg, €1450, €2.48/kg
- CH, 525kg, €1420, €2.70/kg
- CH, 550kg, €1420, €2.58/kg
- LM, 325kg, €1020, €3.14/kg
- CH, 280kg, €820, €2.93/kg
- LM, 310kg, €890, €2.87/Kg
Cull Cows: Minimum price per head €810 up to €1570.
Thursday’s Sheep Sale 12/04/2018:
- Spring Lambs: Maximum price per head €138
- Hoggets: Average price per head €102 up to €155
- Stag Ewes: Average price per head €108 up to €160
- Ewes &Lambs: Average price per head €130 up to €240.
Saturday’s Weanling Sale 07/04/2018:
Bulls: Average €2.49 up to €3.48 per kg.
- CH, 540kg, €1315, €2.43/kg
- LM, 585kg, €1300, €2.22/kg
- CH, 450kg, €1200, €2.66/kg
- CH, 335kg, €1165, €3.48/kg
- CH, 275kg, €950, €3.45/kg
- CH, 265kg, €880, €3.32/Kg
Heifers: Average €2.46 up to €3.35 per kg.
- LM, 410kg, €1080, €2.63/kg
- CH, 360kg, €1060, €2.94/kg
- LM, 365kg, €1050, €2.88/kg
- CH, 230kg, €770, €3.35/kg
- LM, 270kg, €860, €3.16/kg
- LM, 310kg, €960, €3.09/kg
Cows in Calf: Minimum price per head €800 up to €1700
Cows & Calf: Minimum price per head €1450 up to €1900.
Calves: Minimum Price per head from €10 up to €465.
Dairy Cows: Minimum price per head €1060 up to €1800.