- Managers are strangers in marts.
Mart managers are the celebrities of the livestock mart scene.
More often than not, you will find them at the heart of conversations! Red carpet upon arrival and a reserved golden spot in the canteen I hear you say!
- They don’t know the tricks of the trade!
Excuse you; they are masters of their trade!
- You could pull the wool over their eyes!
Absolutely not! Don’t try to pull a fast one now; we are warning you, although we know you wouldn’t dream of doing that!
- They aren’t talented individuals!
A number of managers are also auctioneers in the mart – they wear many hats! They are also running one busy and powerful show on the road.
- Their knowledge of stock is non-existent.
They are well in the know of the trade and stock quality! Several mart managers have stock of their own too.
- They only are concerned about their title and not the stock and attendees!
Not true at all- They are there to ensure that everything is rolling out smoothly, with all the twists and turns along the way.
- Mart Managers are not a friend of the farmer!
Mart managers strive to resolve issues when they arise and may even change sale dates to suit farmers if that is what the majority requests.
- They use their position of authority as an excuse not to talk to farmers!
Chances are, you will find them in the mart canteen surrounded by a table of farmers.
- Technology is not their zone!
Wifi for visitors, online streaming from their sale and featuring their mart reports on That’s Farming. That one is definitely put to bed- enough said.
- They don’t give out ‘A’ and ‘B’ lot numbers.
This myth may cause a small fry. We will let you ponder on that one!