This week, we are back to dispel myths about cattle purchasers!
- We only purchase cattle in the mart!
You couldn’t forget about those hefty private ‘country’ sales now either!
- We only give pennies for stock!
Market value, now fair is fair! We will give whatever we are able to give!
- We’re complete strangers!
Everyone knows us by our full name and our ‘pedigree’ like the back of their hand; celebrities of the farming world, I hear you say!
- We haven’t a bull’s notion when it comes to the quality of livestock!
We can tell the difference between a R+ and a U- with a single glance. We have mastered the identification of all breeds to know the difference between a Charolais and a Blonde and an Aubrac and a Parthenaise!
- We’re out to rim everyone!
While we like quality cheap as opposed to cheap quality, we still understand that everyone has to make a living. It’s important to note that there has to be something out of the deal for us too!
- We don’t know the tricks of the trade!
Masters of our craft – we know every trick in the book!
- We all arrive in flash 181 transport that has just rolled out of the garage.
You can’t beat a pick-up truck – sure the new 181 doesn’t ever have a towbar. They weren’t made for hauling a load of 950kg cull cows, I tell ya!
- We are dressed up to the nines in high-street fashion during mart sales.
Now a quirky quilted jacket and chelsea boots do just the same job!
- We all know about the beauty of brown envelopes!
We have to stock our own yards using our own pockets first and all that other Biz comes afterwards!
- We only buy the stock and never feed them!
Sure when you buy them, you have to look after them! It’s not for the fun of it; it’s all about that bottom line!