- I got too much for my cull cow.
Some farmers are never happy, even with €2.30/kg!
- I am delighted that the sale is not going ahead next week.
‘No sale next week’ are four words that mart fanatics do not want to hear.
- A drop of tea wouldn’t even quench the thirst.
Said no member of the farming community ever.
- I am only going to stay for five minutes and then I’m going to hit the road.
When ‘five minutes’ means five hours…
- You would be better off at home on a day like this.
Some days..only some days, especially when the selling trade hits rock bottom.
- I am in the company of strangers.
Everyone knows everyone so you won’t be stuck for someone to talk to.